Our Horse Riding Expeditions in Mongolia
- Explore scenic routes to Mongolia’s premier cultural and wilderness destinations and National Parks.
- Start your riding expeditions in Mongolia without delay – from our base just an hour from Ulaanbaatar.
- Experience a true eco-tourism adventure – with pack horse support, no vehicles – reach scenic campsites.
- Ride a Mongolian horse of our own herd, matched to your riding level.
- Travel in a small group – maximum 6 riding guests for a high quality, low impact adventure experience.
- Enjoy top quality riding and camping equipment, and great expedition cooking.
Learn more about the Stone Horse Standard.
Check out our 2019 Horse Trekking Schedule.
“An Adventure of a Life Time – “I loved every minute, the horses were lovely and very responsive, the countryside was wild and beautiful, the saddles comfortable and the food that was produced out of a tiny tent was indeed amazing (including freshly ground coffee every morning and wine at night). Everything was well organized but at the same time very relaxed.” Trish Durlacher, Sydney, Australia.
Our Horse Riding Destinations
We offer two distinct horse riding expeditions in Mongolia – to Gorkhi Terelj National Park and Khan Khentii Strictly Protected Area. Combined, these areas make up the largest road less wilderness region in Mongolia and some of the most outstanding and remote natural scenery in the country.
Gorkhi Terelj National Park Expeditions
Ride in Scenic Landscapes shaped by Nomadic Traditions
Gorkhi Terelj National Park is great country for horseback riding and exploring – wide open valleys and rolling hills, trails along rivers, over forested passes, down through high grasses to discover another valley. Explore the hills and grasslands, rest below rock formations arising from the steppe. Experience true hospitality and the ambiance of a Mongolian Ger (more known as Yurt in the West). Live the local culture, and be at ease with your horse – be at ease with nature.
Khentii Mountains Expeditions
Journey into the Heart of the Taiga Forest
Challenge your spirit of adventure. Enter the Khan Khentii, steeped in the spiritual history of Mongolia. Its wildness will reward you with magnificent scenery, and the solitude of the Northern forest. Follow ancient horse trails to the sources of the rivers. Encounter wildlife. Make a high mountain passage with our pack horses. Stop at alpine lakes. Enjoy camping comforts in the wild. Bond with your horse – and listen to the silence.