Horseback Riding in Mongolia
Discover the Heart of Mongolia’s Wilderness
At Stone Horse, we have 30+ years’ experience in wilderness guiding and conservation, our own back country horses, and close ties to local communities in Mongolia.
Our small group expeditions are unique, low impact back country adventures. They combine cultural and wilderness experiences in some of the most outstanding scenery in the country.
As our guest, you enjoy fully supported horseback riding in Mongolia – scenic campsites, good food, quality expedition gear, and your horse matched to your riding level.
- Gorkhi Terelj National Park Expeditions – 10 Days
- Gorkhi Terelj National Park Autumn Trek – 8 Days
- Khentii Mountains Expedition – 12 and 14 Days
What our Guests Say
“I highly, highly recommend Stone Horse Tours. There’s no other horse riding outfit like them in Mongolia. Stone Horse Tours takes you way, way off the standard routes offered by other tour companies. This exceptional steppe and wilderness trip was just what I was looking for.”– Susan Antenen, Rockefeller State Park Preserve, New York State, US.
More Information about our Horseback Riding Expeditions in Mongolia
At Stone Horse Expeditions, we specialize in remote horseback travel – without vehicle support. Our whole team makes great efforts to provide safe and comfortable wilderness riding while keeping the sense of adventure alive. Year-long work with and care for our treasured herd of Mongolian horses is an important part of these efforts.
Matching horse and rider, providing high quality expedition, camping and riding equipment, and preparing a varied and nutritious menu are other aspects that we address with much attention to detail and individual needs. With Stone Horse, you ride in a small group – maximum 6 guests – for a high quality, low impact eco-tourism experience. Read more..
Read more about our riding with Stone Horse in Gorkhi Terelj National Park and the Khan Khentii Strictly Protected Area.
Informative Articles and Personal Experiences about Horseback Riding in Mongolia with Stone Horse
Our blog posts provide more detail on how we travel on horseback, on sustainable practices, the areas we ride in, and how you can prepare. The selected articles below might be be a good start to see what makes our expeditions stand out:
- “Horse Trek Camping in Mongolia”
- Ancient Horse Riding Trails in the Khentii Mountains of Mongolia”
- “Eco Tourism Adventures on Horseback in Mongolia”
- “Mongolian Horses”
- “Gorkhi-Terelj National Park – Horse Riding Expeditions in Mongolia’s Wilderness and Cultural Landscapes”
More Videos of Stone Horse Expeditions:
- Welcome to Stone Horse Expeditions!
- Khan Khentii Expedition September 2014
- Khan Khentii Expedition August 2013
- Highlights of 2014 Riding Season
- Autumn Riding in Mongolia with Stone Horse.
Read more about us..